mercredi 23 novembre 2011

Un Coup de Coeur : Cheap Trick - Gonna Raise Hell

por em 14/07/2011 

This world is going to... RAISE HELL ! 

The 31st video in my series is Cheap Trick's epic "Gonna Raise Hell" from their 1979 album, Dream Police.
(Remaster w/Lyrics) [720p HD]

A monster song that I always felt needed a monster video.....hopefully I came close. Man, this thing just went on and on and I thought I'd never get this one finished. After somewhat struggling through another long, complicated rock epic, U.F.O.'s "Love To Love", I completed a video for Bryan Ferry's "A Fool For Love" and planned on finishing a couple of other shorter, simpler works before launching into another difficult one. Somehow I found myself deep into "Gonna Raise Hell" while playing around with a couple of other Cheap Trick songs......and I just stuck with it till the end.....no flip flopping back and forth between videos as I usually do when things are getting stuck and frustrating.....I just kept on going....and going....and going!

The end of the song really raises hell and I tried to unleash everything I had without turning it into a blur. I think all 7 processors were smoking to render the end of the video!

I hope the final product does the song justice. It's got several highlighted sections for Tom Petersson's bass, Robin Zander's vocals, Bun E.Carlos's drums, and the great Rick Nielsen's lead guitar. The short video clips were from their "Silver" DVD (which is available on Amazon for $15.99)... of their awesome performance of the song. I've had this DVD for about three years and watched it at least 10 times.....its that good! The clips are extremely short, looped and not necessarily matched to the ideal location in the song.....but it worked out pretty good.

"Gonna Raise Hell" has always been such a monster epic rock tune: blistering, driving, wailing, pounding, ROCKING! One of my all time favorite songs, I wanted to do it up right. I hope you like what I was able to do with the video.

Thanks to the excellent photographers for their work....and special thanks to the 2008 film "Hell Ride" for the motorcycle clips!

[Lyrics]
Gonna raise hell, gonna raise hell.
Gonna raise hell, gonna raise hell.
Ambition? Ha!
If all I've heard is true,
There's nothin' much I can do
To change the world, it's irreversible.
But in what it lacks,
It's got a taste that smacks of somethin' irresistable.

Gonna raise hell, gonna raise hell, gonna raise hell.
Gonna raise hell, gonna raise hell, gonna raise hell.

Submission? Yes!
Now I won't name names, and a secret's a secret,
But a hint's a hint or a clue.
You really wanna know, you really wanna go,
There's only two things you got to do.

Gonna raise hell, gonna raise hell, gonna raise hell.
Gonna raise hell, gonna raise hell, gonna raise hell.

Mother, mother.
Mother, mother.
Mother, mother.

My mission? Ah, yes!
Everybody hear? Everybody here,
It's a fate I all agree.
Sometimes you win, I never lose,
To me it's no mystery.

Gonna raise hell, gonna raise hell, gonna raise hell.
Gonna raise hell, gonna raise hell, gonna raise hell.

(Repeat to Coda)


*

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire